Frequently Asked Questions and Tenant Information
If you do not find the answer to your question on this page please contact us and we will be glad to assist you.
- Most properties require a 12-month lease. Shorter-term lease options vary by location and may require additional rent fees.
- Rent is due by 4:00 pm on the designated rent due date found within tenant lease agreements. If rent due date falls on a weekend or holiday rent will be due by 4:00 pm on the business day before weekend or holiday. Rent paid after the 5th of each month is considered late and your account will be assessed a $50 late fee.
- We have several options to pay rent. Checks or money orders (payable to ERG Property Management) will need to be delivered to 608 Commercial St and placed in a secure drop box located outside the back entrance of the building or inside in the hallway next to the Coldwell Banker Emporia Real Estate office. Checks or money orders should be placed in an envelope and dropped in the secure drop box. Online payments can be sent via Venmo to @Erin-Woods-72 or through our RentRoom app.
- ERG Property Management does not sign individual leases. All roommates must sign a Joint & Several lease holding all roommates responsible for meeting the terms of the lease. If one roommate defaults on payment, the remaining roommates are still responsible for paying the entire rent. Partial payments from each roommate will not be accepted. It is the tenant’s responsibility to make sure that everyone pays his or her portion and one payment is delivered to the ERG Office.
- We recommend looking for your new home 8-12 weeks prior to your desired move-in date.
- Appliances and amenities vary by property location.
- Utilities included in the price of rent vary by location. Please make sure to read the details of each property to find out what utilities are included if any. If they are not listed in the description feel free to contact us. You will need to arrange to have utilities switched over into your name prior to move in.
Electric: Evergy: 1-800-383-1183, www.evergy.com
Gas: Kansas Gas: 1-800-794-4780, www.kansasgasservice.com
ValuNet: Fiber Internet, HDTV, Wifi services: 620-208-5000, https://myvalunet.com/
Water: City of Emporia: 620-343-4244, http://utilities.emporia-kansas.gov/index.php/water-service
- We have properties that have a no pet policy and others that will allow some pets. Please make sure to read the details of each property to find out if pets are considered and what fees are associated with having a pet. If the information is not listed please contact us for details.
- Please see the maintenance tab, or call us at 620-412-9136.
- Persons or guests not listed on lease agreement may not stay on premises longer than 7 days without notifying ERG Property Management.
- No smoking or vaping by tenant or guest inside the premises at any time.
- ERG Property Management and property owners will not be liable for any damages to or loss of tenant’s personal property (furniture, jewelry, clothing, etc.) from fire, flood, water leaks, rain, hail, ice, snow, smoke, etc. We strongly recommend that the tenant secure their own insurance to protect against all of the above occurrences.